Dan Tirels

Dan Tirels
Dan Tirels

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

More progress on New sculpture





Building Blocks
I've been making progress on this sculpture and I'm pleased by the way it is continually changing and transforming into these separate interlocking blocks, each block is like a sculpture on its own but has elements that connect it to the other pieces. I enjoy this way of working and whilst it is to some extent improvised, there also has to be carefull consideration of the construction to prevent the piece from collapse. I'm just using card at this stage and the pieces are reinforced with bamboo skewers, additional weight is added to the base sections using small bags of sand.
This is one of the largest pieces I've worked on for a while and although the final dimensions are still unknown, it's likely to be at least 36" (inches) high.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New work in progress